Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My first post. I feel like a baby taking its first steps.

And I'm off! Thanks for coming along for the journey.

Writing has to inspire, whether it’s a technical sales brochure about the latest piece of software or a “have your boobs” checked article about breast cancer. If a piece doesn’t make you want to do “something,” it hasn’t done its job; it’s just a page of words.

Let's kick this off with two very different pieces. One, published earlier this year in the Wharton Healthcare Quarterly, is about living with male breast cancer. The second, out this week in ThomasNet News’ Industry Market Trends, is an overview of Master Data Management, and details how implementing MDM can help manufacturers make better use of their data.

For those who don’t know me, not everything I write is highly technical or science-driven. One day soon I’ll post some pieces to make you giggle. Maybe you’d like the one about picking up a dead rat from my backyard or the one about sunbathing nude in Croatia?

Here's my question for you: what will make you come back and bring your colleagues and friends? Do the writers want writing prompts & contests? Do current & future clients want more examples of my work? How about some examples of really bad grammar? Or, do you want pictures of my office mate, my dog George? A list of my favorite books? Ask and you shall receive.

Whatever the future brings for this page, I hope you'll find it a fun, informative and interesting place to spend a few minutes. Leave a comment below, so I know you've been here!

2 comments:

Rob said...

Good job with the new blog, Faye! Yes, I'd like to see some examples of bad grammar - that's always fun.

Faye Rivkin said...

Thanks, Rob! It's about time, right? I've been collecting bad examples, so I'll pull them all together and we'll have quite a list.